Sunday 17 October 2010

Lyzi Unwin

Lyzi Unwin


"I studied Illustration at Bristol UWE for two years before having to make the difficult decision to leave due to a debilitating illness. As my health has returned, so has my passion for learning and creating.

I find it difficult when people ask me what I do. I see myself as a Jack-of-all-trades - dabbling in everything from simple line drawings and collage, to books, sewing, writing, photography... the list goes on. I’m building up my skills and my empire, slowly.

My biggest passion is bookmaking. I find inspiration and magic in the most mundane every day situations, and the tragedy in the smallest crack in a heart. I get completely lost and consumed in my books, and spend days barely leaving my desk, making a beautiful mess. My aim is to make people feel.

Behind all my work is a lot of love. I believe that art made without love is empty."

No comments:

Post a Comment